This commercial is totally straightforward:
- A Japanese boy returns home from school in a sad state.
- His dog, Panchi, comes to him, tries to figure out what's wrong, and figures out the boy is heartbroken over a girl at school.
- Panchi then proceeds to perform a variety of silly tricks to cheer the boy up and get him back in "gambare mode".
- Panchi's power works too well, and the boy wins over the girl, leaving Panchi home alone and in the lurch.
- Unlike his more "emo" master, Panchi's good spirits can be returned simply by eating Calbee Consommé-flavor[*] potato chips (which are, actually, pretty delicious).
[* Yes, consommé, like the French soup… Don't knock it til you try it! ]